COVID-19: Current information
Dear valued customers,
in response to the Corona virus, we have implemented measures to continue our banking operations, whilst protecting the health of our customers and employees is our top priority.
With strict compliance to the official instructions, we are available for you in times of COVID-19. You can rely on us to ensure both – seamless banking services, whilst the safety and well-being of our customers and employees always come first.
In the following, we have summarized the most important operational information in the current situation.
Current measures – ensuring our services with maximum protection
• All online and mobile banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Due to the current situation, we primarily recommend the use of our mobile and online services to limit visits to branches.
• Our branches remain open at the usual times. All customer appointments already agreed in all branches are carried out. New consultations are only conducted by appointment, with a minimum distance of 1.5 meters. A maximum of three customers can be served in the branches at the same time.
• Mask regulations: Since April 27, 2020, wearing a mask is mandatory in the five federal states in which KT Bank has branches – Hessen, Baden-Württemberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Bavaria and Berlin. This applies to retail shops, bank branches, on public transportation and to everyone six and older. Unlike other federal states, in Berlin, masks are not mandatory when shopping and for children. Our staff in all branches thank you for your consideration and for wearing your protective mask.
• Your cash supply at our ATMs is secured. You can also withdraw cash at the checkout of selected supermarkets.
• Use the contactless function when paying with your card to avoid the risk of infection on the POS device.
• With the KT Mastercard you can still withdraw money free of charge from any ATM 3 times a month.
• Our service center can be reached under the hotline 069 25510200 from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. or by e-mail at [email protected]
Additional preventative measures
• The hygiene measures in our head office and in our branches are always at the highest level, including available antiviral disinfectants.
• To protect our employees, some currently work in the home office to minimize the risk of infection.
• Following the government’s instructions of the ban on contact, we waive until further notice customer or employee events as well as business trips. Internal meetings are reduced to a minimum.
Your savings are protected
As a deposit credit institution, KT Bank is excellently secured under German law and a member of the compensation scheme for German banks (EdB). Your deposits are secured up to EUR 100,000 per customer. We also have a strong parent company behind us. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kuveyt Türk Participation Bank with its main shareholder Kuwait Finance House, we are part of one of the world’s leading financial institutions in the Islamic banking sector.
Stability and sustainability in unpredictable times
As your house bank – both for retail customers and for corporate clients and as natural partner for SMEs – our financial products and services offer the ideal basis for your financing and investment needs. Our asset-backed, sustainable business model ensures stable earnings and safe, low-risk returns in relative independence from the conventional banking system and the current downturn in the markets.
We stand for Islamic ethical values, social responsibility and social loyalty as well as solidarity. We share these values as a community with you, our valued customers and business partners.
Together we will master the current challenges and emerge stronger from them. We follow the current developments and will keep you informed.
Many thanks for your loyalty. Stay healthy.
Your KT Bank AG